100g roasted almonds
150g or one packet of soba (buckwheat and wheat) noodles
200g firm tofu (or meat if you prefer)
2 tbsp. flour
300g mushrooms (any type)
2 tbsp. soy sauce (or tamari – ie without wheat)
bok choy or any green leaves (cos lettuce)
1. Dry roast the almonds in a frying pan (ie – without oil), taking care that they don’t burn, then set aside to cool
2. Boil some water and cook the noodles, and when ready pour on them cold water to stop them cooking
3. Slice the tofu and lay on kitchen paper to absorbe excess water
4. Coat with flour and fry in sesame oil (option, esp. if you’re using meat instead!)
5. Add sliced mushrooms and when cooked add soy sauce. Add greens.
To serve, mix the noodles and vegetables. Add extra almonds and fresh sliced green spring onions to each serving if you like.